Title : Wellness and stress management
Description: The concept of wellness or complete wellness refers to a completely well rounded human being. It is inclusive of a holistic concept comprising of our mind, body, and soul. However, our wellness can be compromised with the patterns of our faulty lifestyle including stress, faulty diets, sedentary life, smoking and alcoholism. In addition, the pressure to perform, factors related to urbanization, our busy schedules and peer pressure seemingly contributes more to our faulty lifestyle patterns. Consequently, stress has become a normal part of life for most of us owing majorly to these faulty lifestyle habits. But, if left unmanaged, stress can lead to emotional, psychological and even physical problems, including palpitation, high blood pressure, chest pains and even coronary artery disease. Hence it is essential to identify the sources of stress (stressors), types of stress (Eustress and Distress), causal factors, and symptomatology and learn to deal with it effectively before it impacts ones Heart & Health. Therefore, a six pillars approach to wellness has been suggested as shown below:
- To create awareness about various stressors that effects one’s own wellbeing
- Assessment of individual stress by Stress Scan Questionnaire
- Awareness of faulty lifestyle & change over last decade
- To create awareness about stress and its impact on heart
- Symptomatology & response of stress- emotional, psychological & physical
- Levels of stress – Mild, moderate & severe
- To enhance coping skills & strategies to deal with stress.
- Simple methods/ tips to de-stress will be given to carry back home which can be easily incorporated in the daily lifestyle.
Method: Use of interactive exercises, icebreaker, self-assessment questionnaire +P.P.T.